Happiness is the most sought after goal in the world ... but how many of us are truly happy?
Dr. Sharp is an expert in what makes people tick. Having completed three degrees in psychology and seen over 1000 clients, he knows what makes people stressed and depressed. Just as importantly he knows what makes people happy!
I was one of many attending the Australian Markerters & Social Researchers Conference ... My friend and I were so very bored, grumpy etc. playing paper games such as 'boxes' by the end of the conference but thought we would stay until the end for good measure and to hear the talk by "Dr Happy". Boy were we glad that we stayed! It was unbelievable to watch the room go from a box full of blearly-eyed individuals slouching in their chairs to an auditorium full of sparky eyed giggly hooligans. Isabel and I ran out of that room so HAPPY... and what a simple thing is that. We ended the day chatting endlessly about how happy you had made us and how great our lives were... and for that I say THANK YOU. I can't wait to hear you talk again... I will make that one of my missions. (Anthea Berry - CCI Recruit)
Dr. Happy has spoken to audiences around Australia, on various topics, with one consistent theme. If we make the right choices we can be happier and more successful. Covering topics such as life purpose and meaning, healthy living, optimistic thinking, relationships and identifying & utilising core strengths, Dr. Happy's presentations provide listeners with the skills to thoroughly enjoy the present moment and experience authentic happiness.
Lee Barnett (CIO - AMP Services) said "Dr Happy was such an inspiration that we have invited him back to talk to [more of] our employees and we have recommended him to others in AMP."
Dr. Happy can tailor his positive message to meet the need of any organisation, team, meeting or conference but some of his more popular topics include:
- CHOOSE to be happy - now!
- Happiness at work...and beyond!
- Top 6 enemies of happiness and how you can defeat them!
- 10 reasons why your workplace is miserable...and what you can do about it!
- Boost Camp: 10 tools in 60 minutes that will boost your happiness now!
- Positive Psychology for Leaders & Managers
- Happiness - half truths, damn lies and absolute nonsense!
- Resilient Resourcefulness - in life and at work (CURRENTLY VERY POPULAR)
- Building strength based teams and organsations
- 100 Ways to Happy Children: a guide for busy parents (based on Dr. Sharp's very popular book)
- Positive Interactions (for personal and working relationships)
- Selfless Selfishness: how to help yourself by helping others (NEW TOPIC)
Kiara Garrard (from the SA Divisions Network Committee) recently provided the following positive feedback..."Dr Sharp captivated the morning audience with his experience, knowledge and contemporary strategies for living life “happily"...There was no doubt that Dr Sharp knows the topic of ‘positive psychology’ inside out and shared his own personal experiences around the 7 strategies towards happiness. The few South Australians who were able to see Dr Sharp’s presentation were thrilled to have the opportunity to be a part of the keynote session...We have been overwhelmed with people wanting Dr Sharp to return to SA and we hope to see him sharing his wisdom again in the very near future."
And after the International "Happiness & its Causes" Conference we received this feedback: "The bonus of attending this conference was [hearing Dr. Sharp whose] session was thoroughly enjoyable and I was totally floored by his wit and humour." (Navjot Bhullar, University of New England)
Dawn Leong from Westpac was also very happy:
Dr. Sharp’s presentation went extremely well with just the right mix of knowledge, humour & irreverence! I also want to mention that working with Tim has been a treat. Having worked with lots of people I particularly look for those (a) who take the time to listen, "get" us and are able to adjust content accordingly, (b) whose work has integrity and (c) who’re easy to work with; Dr. Sharp satisfied all of those and I was impressed with the amount of time he was happy to spend with us to get there. I hope to be able to work with him again in the future.
Dr. Happy has spoken to many organisations (see the Happiness @ Work page) as well as at many conferences. Here are just a few examples:
- JP Morgan, AMP and Westpac
- Dell and IBM
- Ernst & Young
- XStrata (Ulan Mines)
- Manpower International
- Deacons (Lawyers), Mallesons Stephen Jacques, Henry Davis York
- Entrepreneur's Organisation (Shanghai)
- Nutricia, Novo Nordisk, Schering-Plough and Novartis
- AGSM Alumni (and the Lifelong Learning Program)
- The CEO Institute, The CEO Forum
- The Business Council of Australia
- The Australian Leadership Retreat
- The Future Summit (2008 AND 2009)
- The Smith Family's "Sydney Conversations
- 1st Australian Positive Psychology & Wellbeing Conference
- The Happiness & It's Causes Conference" (2006, 2007, 2008 AND 2009)
- Mind & its Potential Conference
- Life Changing Experiences (organisers of the Big Sister/Little Sister program)
- Ran One's Conference for financial planners and accountants
- 20th Annual SOCAP International Symposium
- SWAP (business network) & The Catalyst Network
- The Australian Vetinarian Association
- The Australian Primary Principals Association National Conference
- St. Margaret's Anglican Girls School (Brisbane), St. Mary's & Wesley College (Perth) and many others...
- Canberra Institute of Technology, University of Southern Queensland
To book Dr. Happy for your next conference, function or team event (or simply to find out more) email all enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And you should consider booking him based on the following feedback to Dr. Happy from Richard Fleming of the Hammond Care Group after their national conference - "Thank you for your contribution. You were voted best speaker with twice as many votes as your nearest rival!"
And he's not the only one...Feedback from Dr. Happy's keynotes, workshops and seminars has been fantastically positive and has included quotes such as:
“The feedback from Dr. Sharp’s presentation was very positive; in fact, all participants who gave feedback said his talk was one of the highlights and most useful parts of the day." (Marieeta Davis - Workplace Health Promotion Network)
So refreshing and so well balanced!
Fascinating and uplifting! (JP Morgan)
Dr. Sharp is quite simply outstanding. He captured an audience of 200 corporate executives from diverse industries with simple but profound truths on how to be happy. A month later, we're still receiving unsolicited feedback on how much our guests enjoyed his presentation. He shines by keeping it real and practical, backing up his seven steps with solid evidence and examples. Tim is a compelling communicator with powerful strategies that cut through the hyperbole - highly recommended. (VIrginia Nichols - The Smith Family)
Dr Sharp is one of the smartest people I know. His qualifications obviously make him worth listening to, his style makes it an imperative. They call him Dr Happy I call him the shrink who thinks! Clearly Australia's happiness GURU!" (Matt Church - Corporate Speaker and Thought Leader)
Entertaining and informing
Very enjoyable and thought provoking
A very captivating speaker
A great choice to spread the message of feeling good
And finally, from Tali Roomer, Events Co-ordinator ipac/AXA...
"Prof Sharp's presentation resounded very positively with ipac's clients. It was inspiring and relevant, engaging people in a thought-provoking and practical way. Tim's style is approachable, yet professional. He is a delight to deal with and we hope to work with him again in the future."
Australia's leading provider of positive psychology coaching and courses.Positive Leadership Development
Executive Coaching and Corporate ServicesClinical Psychology - Therapy
Dr. Timothy Sharp & AssociatesOvercoming Depression
10 Simple Steps to Overcoming Depression – a self help program developed by
a positive psychology approach to weight loss