13 Feb Health, Love and Happiness Most Important to Dog Owners
With its unrivaled database and expertise serving the most engaged segment of dog owners in the country, the American Kennel Club is the industry’s best source for market intelligence. This study offers key data on the dynamics of purebred dog ownership in the 21st Century with detailed statistical information, graphical charts, and summary analyses which will serve both manufacturers and retailers of pet products as well as the media for information on developing trends in pet ownership. For more information, or to order copies of this comprehensive research study online go to: www.akc.org/survey21. Highlights from the study include:
– When asked about the benefits of dog ownership, 72% of owners credited their four-legged best friends with enhancing their own personal health.
– Over half (51%) of dog owners surveyed stated that their dogs affect how they spend their leisure time.
– The top activity enjoyed by dog owners is a good old fashioned walk. Almost half (48%) declared that they enjoy leisurely strolls with their four legged best friends.
– Owning a dog provides natural entertainment for the family, and watching a dog show on TV is very popular-87% of dog owners said they enjoy watching dog shows.
– Good fences make good neighbors-and safe pets. Nearly two thirds of owners fence their yards to contain their pets in various ways, affirming their commitment to responsible dog ownership.
– Most owners enjoy their canine companions as household pets, and almost half (48%) have owned a dog for 20 years or more.
– Four out of 10 dog owners have made arrangements for their dogs in the event that they pass away before their dog does. Over half (67%) of respondents felt that the most common drawback against owning a dog is the potential for feeling sad when the dog dies.
Is owning a dog related to happiness? Click here to read more from this happiness related story.