18 May Happiness through the hard times
Happiness is not just about enjoying the good times (although this is an important part of happiness).
In addition, happiness is also about working through the difficulties we all face from time to time. Happy people tend to be more resilient…and not surprisingly, resilience breeds happiness.
So next time you’re experiencing difficulties or facing adversity or struggling with challenges, try the following happiness tips recommended by the esteemed Mayo Clinic in the USA.
– reach out and utilise your support network (happy & resilient people don’t necessarily cope with everything on their own but rather, the reach out and appropriately ask for help)
– use humour and laughter to remain positive
– don’t dwell on the past but learn from your experiences
– do whatever you can to remain hopeful & optimistic
– look after your (physical) health including making sure you get plenty of sleep
– accept the inevitability of change
– don’t lose sight of your goals
– don’t stop working towards your goals
– try to learn more about yourself and focus on the positives within yourself
– don’t catastrophise and keep things in perspective
Remember, happiness is not something you should only experience when things are going well…if you practise these resilience strategies then you should also experience happiness during times of difficulty.