20 Jul Happiness Habits
Happiness is an inside job. Experiment with what works for you. Try these five essential happiness habits, adapted from “How to Do Just About Anything” on ehow.com.
1. Figure out what is important to you. Do you value a certain kind of job, material things, a relationship, time alone, time with others, time to relax, time to be creative, time to read, time to listen to music or time to have fun?
2. To be happy, you have to make happiness a priority. Decide to make more time in your life to do more of what is important to you and makes you feel happier.
3. Start with little things and work up. Little things might be reading for 15 minutes, taking a walk, calling a friend or buying a great-smelling soap, shampoo, candle or tea that you will enjoy every time you use it.
4. Focus on what is positive. In a journal, write down as many positive things as you can think of about yourself, others and life in general. Keep it handy to read over, and continue adding to it.
5. Appreciate what is working in your life. In the major areas of your life – your health, job, love life, friends, family, money and living situation – what is going well?