11 Aug Happiness and Kindness
10 Simple Ways to Make the World a Kinder Place
Whether the server at your local Dairy Mart puts an extra cherry on your sundae or a friend makes you a custom-mix CD, it doesn’t take much for someone else to brighten your day. So why not spread the joy?
We can all help bring happiness to our friends, neighbors, and communities sometimes, even the smallest gesture can make a huge difference in someone’s life. Here are a few simple actions you can take to put a smile on someone else’s face.
1. Offer a few hours of free babysitting services to a stressed-out single parent in your neighborhood.
2. When you buy food from a vending machine, slip in an extra dollar. The next person to use the machine will be grateful for the free snack.
3. Mow the lawn or cook a meal for an elderly neighbor.
4. Next time you go out to eat, leave a thank-you note along with your server’s tip.
5. When you stop at a toll booth, foot the bill for the car behind you.
6. Pay someone a compliment at least once every day.
7. Donate new children’s books to a local school or library.
8. Stop in at a local nursing home and spend a few minutes chatting with the residents. Even better, bring flowers to brighten up their rooms.
9. Buy a grocery bag full of nutritious canned goods, and donate it to your local food bank.
10. Track down your favorite teachers and send them letters telling them what an inspiration they’ve been to you over the years.