03 Sep Happiness is taking control of your life
Please enjoy the following article from one of our favourite happiness related websites, Gimondo.com. Although ostensibly about being your own boss, this short article is effectively about taking control…something that’s vitally important for happiness.
Be the Boss
How did your boss get to be your boss? Was it her winning combination of charm, wit, and kindness towards others? In most cases, that’s an overwhelming “no” – but no matter how infuriating you may find your boss, there’s one thing you can’t deny: She gets things done. She puts ideas into action.
If you want to fill her shoes one day, Pick the Brain is offering up 7 key tips on taking action and accomplishing what you want. Here are the basics:
1. Don’t wait – If you’re waiting to start until conditions are perfect, you never will. Take action and deal with problems as they arise. The best time is right now.
2. Be a doer – Stop thinking about things and start doing them. You’ll simply get more done in less time.
3. Ideas alone don’t bring success – Without action an idea will never go anywhere.
4. Use action to kill fear – Everything is scary and difficult at first. After you begin the action, you’ll build confidence and things will keep getting easier.
5. Get creative by beginning mechanically – Take out your pen and start writing. Brainstorm. Draw. Scribble. By moving your hands, you’ll stimulate the flow of ideas and inspire yourself.
6. Live in the present – Focus on what you can do in the moment and try to stop worrying about the past.
7. Get down to business immediately. Don’t even wait to finish this list. Never mind, the list is finished.