05 Jan 20 positivity tips for happiness this year
From Jon Gordon (www.jongordon.com)
20 Tips for a Happy and Positive New Year
1. Stay Positive. You can listen to the cynics and doubters and believe that success is impossible or you can know that with faith and an optimistic attitude all things are possible.
2. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement: My purpose is_______________________.
3. Take a morning walk of gratitude. It will create a fertile mind ready for success.
4. Instead of being disappointed about where you are think optimistically about where you are going.
5. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
6. Transform adversity into success by deciding that change is not your enemy but your friend. In the challenge discover the opportunity.
7. Make a difference in the lives of others.
8. Believe that everything happens for a reason and expect good things to come out of challenging experiences.
9. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
10. Mentor someone and be mentored by someone.
11. Live with the 3 E’s. Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
12. Remember there_ã_s no substitute for hard work.
13. Zoom Focus. Each day when you wake up in the morning ask: _ã–What are the three most important things I need to do today that will help me create the success I desire?_ã Then tune out all the distractions and focus on these actions.
14. Instead of complaining focus on solutions. It_ã_s the key to innovation.
15. Read more books than you did in 2009. I happen to know of a few good ones.
16. Learn from mistakes and let them teach you to make positive changes.
17. Focus on _ã–Get to_ã vs _ã–Have to._ã Each day focus on what you get to do, not what you have to do. Life is a gift not an obligation.
18. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements:
_ã¢ I am thankful for __________.
_ã¢ Today I accomplished____________.
19. Smile and laugh more. They are natural anti-depressants.
20. Enjoy the ride. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy it.
Want to receive regular tips on positivity and happiness? Sign up for The Happiness Institute’s free eNewsletter simply by going to www.thehappinessinstitute.com and completing the simple registration form. It’ll take you no more than about 3 seconds and in return, you’ll have more happiness and positivity in your life (for free)!