13 Aug Positive Psychology makes change (and ultimately happiness) easier
Positive Psychology Can Help People Embrace Change
by Shadra Bruce for the Mental Health News Organization
Embracing change is difficult for most people, but positive psychology can help make change easier. Particularly when it comes to making changes for health, diet, and lifestyle, positive psychology can have an extraordinary impact on how successfully people are able to make the desired changes.
Change happens in steps:
- Recognizing the need for change.
- Thinking about making the change.
- Preparing for the change.
- Taking the actions necessary for making the change.
- Continuing the actions of the change in order to create new habits.
- Letting go of the old way.
During each of these steps, positive psychology is a useful tool for encouraging the process of change. In fact, self-regulation, one of the tenets of positive psychology, is critical to making change, because it is the exercise of self-regulation that helps a person take control over the area of life that needs changed.
Need to make some changes to find more happiness in your life? Read the rest of this article HERE