02 Sep 7 suggestions for maintaining happiness when on holidays
Do you find it hard to relaxt for the first few days you take leave from work? Do you find happiness elusive when away from your office or work or home? Is happiness too closely linked to routine and control? Do you struggle to hold on to happiness without your mobile phone, Blackberry and/or internet connectivity? If you answered “no” to all these questions then I guess you can leave now but if, like me, you sometimes find leave more stressful than work then keep reading and try these 7 happy holiday tips…
- remind yourself of the importance of rest and relaxtion and how this will help you function better and more productively when back at your desk
- focus on other parts of your life which should be just as, if not more important than work and the office
- trust your colleagues to keep things running while you’re away
- reassure yourself that you’re not, and you’re work is simply not that important!
- ask “what’s the worst thing that will happen?” if that email sits in your inbox for another 48 hours or if that message isn’t answered for another day or so
- if you are expecting really urgent matters to arise put systems in place (such as auto-responders etc) so people trying to get in touch can be helped by others
- don’t take anything too seriously…except the importance of recuperation and recovery
So there it is…7 tips for happiness while on holidays; and see, it’s not really that hard now is it?