24 Sep 9 reasons why you deserve happiness
I recently stumbled upon an article that described a phenomenon in which people were afraid of success. It reminded me of a discussion I had with a client a few years ago in which she felt she did not deserve to be happy.
Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, this seems to be a common problem; that is, people believing they’re undeserving of happiness because…
- they’re not perfect
- there are people suffering around them and so they don’t want to appear too positive
- they believe that happiness is correlated with laziness or frivolity and that life’s too serious etcetera etcetera
Well, although these “reasons” are not completely without validity they are, I believe, flawed in more ways than one and so today I bring you 9 reasons why you do deserve, and should strive towards happiness. As far as I’m concerned, each and every one of us deserves happiness because…
- no matter what you’ve done you are, or can become a good person
- your past does not need to dictate your future
- it will increase your chances of doing good for others
- it will boost your liklihood of living a healthy and fulfilling life
- you’ll be more caring and compassionate of others
- you’ll be more resilient
- you’ll solve problems more effectively
- you’ll contribute more to your family, workplace and society
- well, just because (that’s a good enough reason, isn’t it?)!
As always, I’m sure there are many more reasons why we each deserve happiness. Contribute your thoughts via our Facebook page (HERE).