03 Nov Maybe flexibility is the “secret” to happiness we’re all looking for
Maybe flexibility is the “secret” to happiness we’re all looking for?!?!
I write this because when people ask me what they can do to have more happiness I often answer something like…it depends!
Happiness depends on who you are; what you’re doing; what you want to achieve; where you’ve come from; what you’re strengths are; and so many other variables.
- Happiness, at times, is acceptance while at other times its a determination to change;
- happiness is, at times, focusing on positives while at other times it’s facing up to cold, hard realities;
- happiness is, at times, being crystal clear about priorities while at other times it’s being flexible and open to sponteneity;
- happiness is taking care of yourself wilst also caring for and thinking of others;
- happiness is, at times, managing your weaknesses while at other times it’s going with your strengths;
- happiness is, different things at different times…
So don’t get stuck in thinking the same thing will always work. Maybe flexibility is the secret to happiness!