26 Dec This may well be my last post on this happiness blog for a week so…
This may well be my last post on this happiness blog for a week so…
…what’s the most important thing I can say about happiness?
Well, as regular readers of this, my happiness blog will know I’m not a big fan of promoting “secrets” or quick fixes. But if I had to sum up the most effective strategies for boosting happiness then I’d suggest you try, in a way that will work for you and within your circumstances, the following…
- remember, that other people matter
- in giving we receive
- do unto others as we’d have them do unto us
- don’t forget to focus on your strengths; that’s what you’re best at not your weaknesses that you feel you need to fix
- fuel yourself with positive energy by looking after your health and eating well and relaxing and meditating and exercising
- constantly focus on your priorities, what’s really important; find meaning where ever and when ever you can
- reassure yourself that bad things will pass
- celebrate good things and savour positive experiences
- have fun and play and at all costs…remember that life’s too short not to be happy (as often as you can)
So there you have it. I’l be back with more in the New Year but for now, have a great final week of 2010 and here’s hoping we see you here at The Happiness Institute in 2011 at one of our courses or programs or just at the end of one of our eNewsletters.
Keep well & keep smiling…Tim (aka Dr. Happy)