16 Feb Happiness and busy-ness
Is being really busy good or bad for your happiness?
I was going to see how the conversation evolved but then thought it might be helpful, for me if not everyone else (!) to put a few thoughts down for consideration by those who’re interested.
Busy-ness can be great if…
- we’re using our strengths
- pursuing meaningful goals
- contributing in a useful way
- not exhausting ourselves
- and for many, many more reasons
Busy-ness can be problematic if…
- we’re not looking after our health
- we ignore or don’t tend to important relationships
- if what we’re working on is not really urgent but more so, just a distraction from other stress and worries
These are just a few thoughts to prompt discussion and I’d love for you to contribute to our happiness conversation on The Happiness Institute’s Facebook Page