25 Mar Find inspiration in failure!
If Thomas Edison had believed in failure… we would still be living in darkness. If Henry Ford had given up, we would still be riding on horseback…if Alexander Graham Bell had given in to the clutches of failure, we would be spending less time staring at those small plastic things we call phones that rule our lives (which might not be a bad thing!).
On a serious note – anyone who has achieved ANYTHING great, anyone who has CHANGED THE WORLD has at some point made a choice to embrace failure instead of fighting it.
If you look at the most inspirational innovators, athletes, geniuses, and icons throughout history, they all shared a common belief – they simply did not entertain the notion of failure as a bad thing.
Instead, they understood that every failure encountered brings you one step closer to success, and that this is a natural part of the process. Some even enjoyed failure!
If you think about it, failure is just feedback; it’s simply showing you what’s not working so you can find out what will work. It’s necessary and can’t be avoided.
If we didn’t have failure, how would we know what to do next? The process of learning from our mistakes is truly invaluable, and is something we need to run toward, not run away from.
Below are a selection of quotes on the topic of failure from 20 iconic people, each of whom has achieved something great and is talking from his or her own unique experience.
Today, let’s celebrate these wonderful souls who chose to embrace failure with open arms. Maybe, just maybe, their words of wisdom will help us to do the same.
1. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
2. “Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
3. “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, only this time more wisely.” – Henry Ford
4. “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.” – Confucious
5. “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” – Bill Cosby
6. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
7. “Failure is success if we learn from it.” – Malcolm Forbes
8. “I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustrations were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.” – Tony Robbins
9. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
…keep reading the full article and the remainder of the 20 great quotes HERE