07 Oct 20 inspirational meditations
Here at The Happiness Institute we're big fans of meditation; and that's because we know that people who meditate regularly are (quite simply) healthier and happier.
Happiness and wellbeing can both be significantly enhanced with regular meditation practise which can also, reduce negative emotions such as stress, anxiety and depression.
Just the other day my good friend and wonderful colleague, the lovely Dr. Paula, posted this article which I thought I'd share more widely with you here. So enjoy, meditate, and be happy…
by Panos Mourdoukoutas from Forbes.com
From the beginning of civilization, humankind has faced the same problems and asked the same questions: How can I lead a spiritually fulfilled, meaningful, satisfying life full of loving relationships, balance, harmony, and happiness? Do I need to be religious or rich?
The answers to all these questions are condensed in a little book, The Ten Golden Rules I co-authored with Michael Soupios, and summarized in a previous piece. Here I outline my favorite meditations from the book that can help us see everyday as a New Day, and live a spiritually fulfilled, meaningful, and satisfying personal and professional life:
1. Approach life with childlike wonder.
2. Engage life with vengeance without preconception.
3. When the mind is engaged, the soul is most alive.
4. Grasp life aggressively and squeeze every drop of excitement, satisfaction and joy from it.
5. Always search for new things, new pleasures. Something new is always waiting for you; a place you haven’t visited, a book you haven’t read, a friend you haven’t met, a meal you haven’t tasted…
…keep reading the full & original article HERE