19 Feb Some inspiration to help you reach your potential…
by Steve Bloom from Pick The Brain
Maximizing your potential is about doing things you never knew you could do and reaching heights that you can only dream about. It’s about pushing yourself to become a better and stronger person.
When you break down your limits and barriers, you stop holding yourself back and do more than you thought possible.
As Thomas Edison once said, “If we did all the things we were capable of, we would literally astound ourselves.”
However life can have other plans. We get caught up in our routines and find days when we’re unmotivated. Even if you work hard, staying inspired to do more can seem difficult.
That’s where this list comes in. Sometimes all you need are a few inspiring words of wisdom to keep pushing forward as you find out just what you’re made of.
1. “I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply all my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.” – Og Mandino
2. “Think big and don’t listen to people who tell you it can’t be done. Life’s too short to think small.” – Tim Ferriss
3. “Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “Failure doesn’t mean you are a failure it just means you haven’t succeeded yet.” – Robert H. Schuller
5. “It’s not what you achieve, it’s what you overcome. That’s what defines your career.” – Carlton Fisk
6. “The important thing is this: to be ready at any moment to sacrifice what you are for what you could become.” – Charles Dickens
7. “Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That’s truly about the game, and in some ways that’s about life too.” – Michael Jordan
8. “Be what you are. This is the first step towards becoming better than you are.” – J. C. Hare & A. W. Hare
9. “Don’t compromise yourself. You are all you’ve got.” – Janis Joplin
10. “Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.” – Brian Tracy
…keep reading the full & original list/article HERE