03 Sep 50 happy habits for a weekend of happiness!
There are plenty of things we can all do to enjoy more happiness in our lives…
by Hannah Sentenac via MindBodyGreen
Life can feel frustrating. Maddening. Insanity-inducing, even. At times, happiness and contentment may seem achievable only in your wildest dreams.
But the best part about being human is the capacity for self-empowerment. You have the ability to change your state of mind and in turn, your entire experience.
In other words, there are ALWAYS options. You're not stuck or helpless or at the mercy of mercurial forces beyond your control. Fantastic news, right?
As it turns out, the smallest of changes can add up to the biggest of transformations. So, if you want to get happier, here are 50 habits to start implementing, like, yesterday.
1. Slow down.
2. Be mindful. Life happens now. This moment is all you've got.
3. Create a ritual. Have tea every afternoon. Write a gratitude list every morning. Walk around your neighborhood every evening. You can make a ritual out of anything — just perform the activity deliberately and mindfully.
4. Exercise. Every day. Walk. Run. Skip. Swim. Play four square. Whatever.
5. Make friends with Mother Nature. She’s got a lot to teach you.
6. Challenge yourself. Growth comes when you push your limits.
7. Keep an open mind. Open minds are happy minds.
8. Eat with relish. Love your food. Don’t eat on the run or mindlessly.
9. Smile. A lot.
10. Laugh. A lot. Real, authentic laughter…
…and that's just the start. Click HERE to read the full list of great happiness tips!