22 Mar Happiness is in the little things…especially these 20 little things!
via the Huffington Post by Lindsay Holmes
It’s time to tap into your everyday joy.
Big moments in life — weddings, births, new jobs, graduations — are special, but appreciating the smaller, daily occurrences can really maintain your happiness.
In honor of the International Day of Happiness, we’ve rounded up some tiny, joyful moments that never fail to lift everyone’s mood. There’s glee to be found in even the smallest circumstances:
1. When your boss gives you a compliment. Genuine compliments are way more meaningful than superficial praise. If your boss gives you sincere accolades for your work on something, you know they mean it.
2. An upbeat conversation with a stranger. Research shows that social interactions with strangers can boost feelings of happiness.
3. Finding a parking space in a crowded lot. Thank you, driving gods.
4. When the weather is perfect. That skip in your step on a spring day isn’t all in your head. Studies suggest weather has an influence on your mood.
5. Taking a warm shower. Ahhh. Not only is it relaxing, it may help regulate your body temperature for better sleep…
…keep reading the full & original article HERE