18 Jul Here’s 3 simple ways to stay motivated ALL day long…
Happiness and success come from working hard at the right things.
Being able to work hard at the right things requires focus and motivation…over prolonged periods of time.
So to enjoy more happiness and success, one needs consistent motivation and this great article outlines 3 simple ways you can boost and maintain your motivation over whole days…
via Inc.com by Matthew Jones
Motivation is important. Most successful people have the drive necessary to continue their journey of self-growth. However, even the most achievement-oriented people come to a point when their motivation levels are depleted.
In order to sustain high levels of motivation for long periods of time, one first has to understand the nature of motivation.
The Nature of Motivation
The best source of motivation is intrinsic, meaning that it comes from within oneself. If you’re constantly looking for your employer to threaten your job security as a way to create motivation, you’re putting your wellbeing at risk.
However, if you’re driven by your own desire to provide for yourself and others, your fate is less determined by the social structures and organizations that hold power.
When you master your level of motivation, you hold the key that unlocks the door to peak performance, maximum productivity, and success.
While intrinsic motivation is the ultimate source passion, it tends to wax and wane over time. So if you want maximum productivity, peak performance, and a sense of wellbeing, you need to create a system that supports intrinsic motivation.
Here are three simple ways to create an environment that increases and sustains motivation:
1. Prioritize physical health.
Physical health and safety is the foundation to wellbeing.
In the US, many people live in their minds and are disconnected from their bodies. We tend to overindulge ourselves with tasty foods and drinks as a way to fill emotional needs, which often deplete our energy levels and fail to address our feelings.
If you want to get serious about improving and sustaining motivation, then you need to start by improve your physical health.
- Set a sleep and wake schedule. Go to bed and wake up around the same times each day to synchronize your circadian rhythms. Once your body gets used to this pattern, these biorhythms will naturally increase energy levels throughout the day. When you have high energy, you can direct it where you please.
- Stay hydrated. Dehydration can create headaches and muscle cramping, and often leads to overeating. The more you can support your body with a steady stream of water, the better you’ll feel, and the more productive you’ll become.
- Eat nutritious meals. Cut down on the number of meals you eat at restaurants and start taking the time to bring healthy, home cooked meals with you to work. When start eating more protein and vegetables and less sugar-filled carbohydrates, your body will feel lighter and healthier.
- Exercise. This may sound counterintuitive, but even after a long day at work, exercising for as little as 30 minutes will actually increase your energy levels. Your body will adapt to higher energy output and then create a surplus of motivation for you to continue exploring your passions and enjoying life outside of the office…
…keep reading the full & original article HERE