19 Apr 20 simple habits that will make you happier
via Time by Andrew Merle
I am fascinated with the habits that affect happiness, health, productivity and success. I read everything I can get my hands on related to these topics and continuously experiment with new tactics to see what works in my own life. Based on my research, reading, learning from the experts and personal experimentation, here are the 20 best habits that I have found for happiness, health, productivity and success.
19. Ask more questions — And actually listen to the answers. Creativity and leadership expert Paul Sloane, author of 17 books including The Innovative Leader, believes that asking questions is the single most important habit for innovative thinkers.
18. Make Your Bed — Gretchen Rubin, best-selling author and happiness researcher, says “When I was researching my book on happiness, this was the number one most impactful change that people brought up over and over.” Making your bed starts a chain reaction of other productive habits throughout the day.
17. Celebrate — Pause to enjoy your successes before moving on to the next thing. David Campbell, former senior fellow with the Center for Creative Leadership, said it best: “Celebrations are the punctuation marks that make sense of the passage of time; without them, there are no beginnings and no endings. Life becomes an endless series of Wednesdays.”
16. Smile — The simple act of smiling reduces stress and increases happiness, even if you’re faking or forcing the smile. Putting on a happy face actually makes you happier.
15. Buy experiences, not things — An extensive amount of research shows that experiences actually bring people more happiness than material goods…
…keep reading the full & original article HERE