21 Jun 40 powerful lessons that will immediately change your life!
via Inc.com Matthew Jones
Sometimes we get lost.
Other times we get distracted.
But most of all, we often get so consumed with the game of life–all of its pursuits, sensations, and experiences–that we forget the truths that lie at the core of our being. The truths that can guide us to happiness, success, and fulfillment.
We all need reminders to remember what matters most. To wake us up from the illusions we perceive. And to revitalize our quest for a meaningful life.
And with that intention in mind, of reconnecting ourselves to the wisdom intimately woven into the fabric of our existence, this article presents 40 powerful and controversial life lessons that can change the rest of your life.
1. Happiness isn’t found in objects, money, or success.
Temporary and fleeting pleasure isn’t happiness. Wisdom will show you the difference.
2. Seeking happiness prevents its attainment.
Happiness is a state of being–not something that you can acquire.
3. Natural leadership comes from authenticity–not charisma.
People follow, support, and respect people who live their truth.
4. Money, food, and sex are obsessions of the ego.
And focusing on them to the exclusion of other things restricts your growth.
5. Who you are in the material world is determined by how you cope.
Successful people are the ones that cope with discomfort by working. Smart people are the ones that cope using intellectualization. And so on.
6. Time is your most valuable asset. And you must use it wisely.
You can die at any moment. Stop pretending otherwise.
7. Societal privilege is real. Denying it is oppression in action.
If you love Muhammad Ali but hate Colin Kaepernick, if you quote Dr. King but can’t stand Black Lives Matter, if you say “All lives matter” but don’t protest police brutality or the prison industrial complex, you should study history and read more sociology.
8. All things–including success and failure–ebb and flow.
Every experience, no matter how good or bad, changes.
9. Every positive contains a negative.
Yang. Too much of a good thing can be problematic.
10. Every negative contains a positive.
Yin. Example: learning from failure…
…keep reading the full & original article HERE