17 Jan It’s OK to fail; most people do BEFORE they succeed!
Happiness is NOT about smiling all the time.
And success is NOT about winning all the time.
In fact, happiness and success is just as much about managing sad or bad times AND dealing with adversity.
If you doubt this, check out these amazingly successful people who utterly failed earlier in their lives…
via Buzzfeed by Spencer Althouse
We asked the BuzzFeed Community to tell us their favorite stories about famous people who “failed” before making it big. Here are the inspiring results.
Note: Not all submissions are from Community users.
1. Chris Pratt was homeless and lived in a van in Maui when he was 19. Almost 20 years later, he returned to Hawaii and was paid $10 million to film Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
At one point, he worked as a waiter and would eat customers’ leftover food so he wouldn’t go hungry.
2. Lisa Kudrow was originally cast as Roz on Frasier but was fired two days into rehearsals. A year later, she landed the role of Phoebe on Friends.
She also auditioned to be on Saturday Night Live but ultimately lost out to Julia Sweeney. Six years later, she hosted the show herself.
3. Chrissy Metz only had 81 cents in her bank account when she booked This Is Us.
And she wasn’t even sure if she’d have enough gas in her car to get to the audition!
4. Sylvester Stallone was once so poor that he sold his beloved dog for $40 so he could buy food. Years later, he sold the script for Rocky, which brought him two Oscar nominations.
After Stallone became successful, he bought his dog back: “The owner knew I was desperate, and he charged me $15,000. He was worth every penny!”
5. Vera Wang trained to be a figure skater but didn’t make the Olympic team. Her fallback was fashion, and after a few decades she started her own company when she was 40.
She worked as an editor for Vogue and later worked as a designer for Ralph Lauren. Then, in 1990, she started her own company…
…keep reading the full & original article HERE