09 Sep 23 things to stop worrying about if you want to be really happy
by Lolly Daskal
If you want to be happy you have to find the things that make you unhappy.
If you want to move forward, there are always things you need to let go of first. It’s a process that shouldn’t happen just once a year. Taking stock should be an ongoing activity. To make sure you’re moving in the direction you want, ask yourself regularly about your progress and see if there is anything that’s holding you back.
Here are 24 of the top troublemakers. How many do you need to let go of for the sake of your own happiness?
1. Trying to be someone you’re not. If you have to fake it, you’re probably never going to make it. Aspire to become your best self by celebrating who you are and what you have to offer.
2. Telling yourself it’s too late. Live in action and possibility, not regret. It’s never too late to make a positive difference.
3. Having to be right all the time. You’re human, and humans make mistakes and don’t know everything. It’s OK to be wrong or not to know, and it’s OK to say so.
4. Speaking badly about yourself. Sometimes we can be our own worst enemy. If you wouldn’t let someone say it about your spouse or best friend, don’t say it about yourself–even within your own head.
5. Passivity without progress. If you allow yourself to be a bystander in your own life, how do you expect anything to happen? Passivity doesn’t bring any kind of happiness or satisfaction.
6. Riddled with guilt. No amount of guilt can change the past or the future. Do what you can to right any wrongs you may have committed, but don’t allow the weight of guilt to crush you.
7. Negativity without positivity. If you keep thinking of the glass as half empty, you’ll always be left wanting more. Develop a positive mindset, thought, and the impossible becomes possible…
…keep reading the full & original article HERE